Saturday, July 21, 2007

The Devil Wears Prada...

Mike and I had a chance last night to finally sit down and watch a movie together...a rare treat. So in between our babysitting duties we managed to watch The Devil Wears Prada starring Meryl Streep (fantastic as always) and Anne Hathaway (also very good). Mike's comment was that at first he thought it was going to be just another chick-flick type movie, but he was pleasantly surprised when there was some actual depth thrown in. I enjoyed it as well. The thing I kept thinking about was that there are people who are actually like Miranda, Streep's character. And there are people who will give their lives to be at her service. It's not the life for me, certainly. I was really glad that the movie showed not only the "glamour" of this lifestyle, but also the sadness that goes along with forsaking all else in the name of a career. I think those of us who watch from the outside can find freedom in knowing that our lives can be so rich when they are not encumbered by a false sense of what is real.

All in all, a good movie...perfect for a Friday night at home.

No comments: