Saturday, November 10, 2007

Busy day...

I just finished making my grocery list for the day, and I'm going to be heading out here this morning to brave the grocery store in the hopes that I can cook the afternoon away. Last fall Mike and I started making a month of meals at a time, since I work in the evenings and it was just getting hard to figure out a quick, nutritious meal. We loved it but due to a variety of things we got away from doing it for the last several months. Well, I decided it's time to get back to it, so this week I've been gathering things up to do it again. It's quite a production on the day of cooking, but it's so worth it when we're all done. I don't know how many meals will get made today...we're all still getting over the cold/flu junk that has plagued our home for the last few weeks, so we do what our energy allows us to do. I also picked up a turkey that we're going to bake either today or tomorrow and then cut up for a bunch of meals. It's nice to do when they are so cheap, and since we're not having Thanksgiving at our house this year we won't have any turkey leftovers. So that's on tap for the weekend.

We also have a backyard full of leaves which need to be dealt with today. A friend of mine who lives in a neighborhood with very few trees remarked to me that driving through our neighborhood makes her feel like it really is fall. We love our neighborhood because of all the trees, but in the fall our four big ones in the backyard create quite a lot of work. It's worth it, and they are so beautiful as they change colors.

Alright, enough procrastination....I should get stuff done this morning before the stores get too crazy. Gotta love the holidays!

No comments: