Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Meet Mr. Eggplant

No, not the purple kind that you eat (well, that some people eat...for the record, you won't find any eggplant in my garden!).

The real Mr. Eggplant was made by Leah this afternoon. We started with an empty egg shell, a little bit of potting soil, and some grass seed. Leah drew a face on the egg, and we planted the grass seed in the potting soil, which we had put in the egg. Now, our fingers are crossed that Mr. Eggplant grows some hair! Leah has already checked it out about five times since we made it 10 minutes ago, and she is very disappointed that there is no hair yet. Perhaps it's time for Rogaine!

Mr. Eggplant, waiting for his hair to grow:

7 comments:

Jayne said...

cute idea...but...why don't you just buy her a gia pet???? Much easier!!! Oh, and thank you for the previous blog helping my to get up to date with the your househole!!! =)

Jayne said...

Hello, me again...jut want to make sure you know that I'm glad you helped ME get up to date with your HouseholD!!!! =(

~Beth D. said...

Very cute! I don't like having to be patient, but i think it is so cute when kids are impatient and they don't quite understanding waiting for something because they are so excited! Adorable!!

~Beth D. said...

BTW... I can't believe how big Leah is getting.

adiaspeer said...

wow wee two posts within one week? who is this and what have you done w/ Gina?!?

oh hey i can't get your blog on my google reader thingy. yours is the only one that comes "title unknown" and wont connect. what's wrong?

adiaspeer said...

p.s very cute egg... i might need to steal this idea and do it w/ May i think she'd love it!

lauri said...

...me thinks I see a little bit of the "teachery" thing showing again...yup, that's what it is.